WRAPUP COVERAGE – OCIP/CCIP
Wrap-Ups are a comprehensive General Insurance project-specific policy that combines coverage normally provided separately by different parties. In WRAP policies all participating contractors and subcontractors avoid having multiple carriers at odds in a claim settlement situation and allow for tighter, more consistent safety procedures. The 3 key elements of a Wrap-Up Policy are Coverage, Control, and Cost Savings.
- Residential Tract Developments, Commercial, Condo, Townhome, Apartment, Hi-Rise
- Many carriers Rated from AVII to AXV by AM Best
- Limits – $1/2/2 and higher available
- Builder Must Have 3+ Years Loss Runs
- Minimum Premiums Starting At $25,000 plus
- Minimum Deductibles Starting At $10,000 (BI/PD)
- Defense – Inside
- Blanket A/I, Primary, Waiver
- Subsidence (per Underwriting Approval)
- Requires PWC* Warranty and Wrap Administration (PWC Warranty Is With A Zurich Company)
AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS,
NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV
Wrap-up policies come basically in two distinct types; Owner-Controlled, OCIP and Contractor-controlled, CCIP. Either wrap-up policy allows the owner to spread the risk out among different parties, while more systemically managing risk and providing a single insurance coordinated safety net for every company and individual involved in the project.
*No two Wrap Up policies are the same. Contact our office with any questions you may have or about a particular risk you are looking at.
** Premiums have come down significantly since the reduction in construction nationwide.
This is a great time to have your Owners and Contractors use Wrap Ups to manage risks and save money.